Re: [exim] How to open up more connections

Autor: Ian Eiloart
A: Xavier Martinez, Exim-users
Assumpte: Re: [exim] How to open up more connections

--On 5 May 2009 15:01:13 -0700 Xavier Martinez <xavier@???>
wrote:

> Hello Everyone,
>

> We have a customer that uses Exim and he has been trying to open up more
> simultaneous connections to our hosted Goodmail service, but he can't find
> any documentation or how to perform this task.

We should probably be having this conversation with your customer, not with
you.

Still, documentation is at www.exim.org and it is very extensive. He
probably wants to be running more queue runners. If he relays all his
outbound email through your servers, then setting remote_max_parallel above
2 probably will NOT help; it may help if he frequently sends one message to
multiple destinations including yours. Setting queue_run_max to more than
five, and starting Exim with "-q5m"; to start a new queue runner every five
minutes might help.

--
Ian Eiloart
IT Services, University of Sussex