Re: [exim] Default enabling of dnsdb

Autor: Jethro R Binks
A: exim-users
Assumpte: Re: [exim] Default enabling of dnsdb
On Wed, 6 May 2009, Ian Eiloart wrote:

> > I might be being slow today ... why as late as acl_smtp_mail? Can it
> > not be used in the rcpt acl?
>
> Yes, and it should be. However, acl_smtp_mail is inspected at "MAIL
> FROM" before the rcpt acl. Of course, you should wait until RCPT because
> the RCPT might be postmaster, and the sender domain might be a genuine
> error.

Ah, sorry, therein you gave me the clue to my own error. I was carelessly
confusing acl_smtp_mail with acl_smtp_data (ie, my mind was telling me it
was after acl_smtp_rcpt, so I thought the test was "late", when in fact it
was early: I would deploy it in acl_smtp_rcpt for the reasons you give).
Duh.

J.

Jethro R Binks
Computing Officer, IT Services, University Of Strathclyde, Glasgow, UK