Re: [exim] Default enabling of dnsdb

Autor: Peter Bowyer
A: exim users
Assumpte: Re: [exim] Default enabling of dnsdb
On 06/05/2009, W B Hacker <wbh@???> wrote:
> All the sturm und drang is 'coz some folks can't be bothered to remove
> that '#' on their own.

Steady, Bill. The job of the default Makefile is to produce a sane
config which is immediately usable by a large set of new users,
without them having to learn about each individual selectable feature
all by themselves in order to decide whether they need it or not. It's
not for the likes of you, me, or most other folk here who have years
of accumulated knowledge in the subject.

The debate is not about how hard it is to do, it's about whether it's
a good idea to do it by default. The implementation can follow the
conclusion of that debate.

Peter

--
Peter Bowyer