Re: [exim] SMTP Banner delay of 2 mins 30 seconds

Autor: Graeme Fowler
A: exim-users
Assumpte: Re: [exim] SMTP Banner delay of 2 mins 30 seconds
On Tue, 2009-05-05 at 16:40 -0700, Eric Cross wrote:
> Would you folks know of a reason why Exim build 4.69 would be behaving this
> way consistently across four different domains? I have not seen this issue
> other than on Exim 4.69 (but I have only seen it today on these four
> domains).

It's likely that these four servers are running something like cPanel,
or have the same administrator who's chosen to use the same config
across them all.

I would surmise here that the IP doing the connection hasn't got proper
reverse DNS setup, so you're either seeing a timeout or the config is
assigning a "value judgement" to your address and is therefore adding a
pause to the connection.

The best way to isolate this is to contact the person/people
administering the machines.

Graeme