Re: [exim] No bounce for spam.

Autor: Ruediger Hahn
A: Exim-users
Assumpte: Re: [exim] No bounce for spam.
On 2009-05-02 11:32, Michelle Konzack wrote:
> WHY do you accept a mail for a $USER which does not exist?
>
> Before I filter any thing, I reject anything which has no account on my
> system or for which I am the MX.
>
> Accepting ANY messages is a very bad behaviour.

Yes, you are right, the SMTP-Sender is responsible for creating bounce
mails, and normally I would do it in the way you said. What I forgot to
mention is that I am getting the emails with fetchmail from a pop3
account. So I don't have acces to the original SMTP-Session any more.
Unfortunately, at the moment, I have no chance to get them in an other way.

Ruediger