Re: [exim] Unable to send mails to id's with apostrophe

Autor: W B Hacker
A: exim users
Assumpte: Re: [exim] Unable to send mails to id's with apostrophe
Biju Abraham N. wrote:
> Hi,
>
> I am having exim4-daemon-heavy 4.50-8sarge2 on debian etch. When I send
> mails to id's with apostrophe like the one below:
>
> Frank.O'Donnell@???
>
> I am getting "Remote host said: 550 restricted characters in address"
> message. Can somebody please help me with this issue so that I can send
> mails to such ids also?
>
> Regards,
> Biju Abraham N.

Presuming that the cited individual is a valid recipient on said remote
host, my guess is that someone has accidentally entered the address
incorrectly - perhaps from the 'longname' that shows in many MUA instead
of the actuall address aprt(s).

The original 'may' look something like:

"Frank O'Donnell"<frank.odonnell@???>

.. if the person reporting the problem has previous incoming from that
addressee, it should be easy (for them) to check by dosplaying the full
headers.

HTH,

Bill