Re: [exim] Unable to send mails to id's with apostrophe

Autor: Mike Cardwell
A: Exim Users List
Assumpte: Re: [exim] Unable to send mails to id's with apostrophe
Biju Abraham N. wrote:

> I am having exim4-daemon-heavy 4.50-8sarge2 on debian etch. When I send
> mails to id's with apostrophe like the one below:
>
> Frank.O'Donnell@???
>
> I am getting "Remote host said: 550 restricted characters in address"
> message. Can somebody please help me with this issue so that I can send
> mails to such ids also?

Look in your Exim configuration for the line "restricted characters in
address". You'll notice that in the rcpt acl there's a small piece of
configuration that restricts which characters can be used in local
parts. It will have an apostrophe in the regular expression in this
configuration. If you remove that apostrophe and restart Exim, it should
work.

--
Mike Cardwell
(https://secure.grepular.com/) (http://perlcv.com/)