Re: [exim] Exim development

Author: Mike Cardwell
To: Exim Users List
Subject: Re: [exim] Exim development
Odhiambo ワシントン wrote:

>>> http://lists.exim.org/lurker/list/exim-dev.html
>>>
>>> But is there anything critical that Exim is missing in its current state?
>>> Improvements are always welcome, via patches, and as much as I know, no
>>> software is mature enough not to require further improvements, like
>> getting
>>> it to make your coffee and so forth.. but what matters is what is
>> *critical*
>>> .
>> I wouldn't say this is "critical", but I feel that it is "important"
>> that DKIM is fully finished and included in the latest stable release
>> and in default distribution packages, without people having to roll
>> their own. A modern MUA should have this functionality by default.
>
> Tom Kistner posted here recently that he's working on that and when he's
> done, we'll probably have Exim-4.70 or whatever version number it is given.

Yes. Which is why I'm not too worried about the current situation
regarding development. There are plenty of "would be nice" things that
could be developed, but DKIM is the only one that I think is nearing on
essential.

> Remember he does it at his own time. Noone pays him to work on it so noone
> is allowed to push:)

Yes, absolutely. I hope I didn't sound ungrateful.

--
Mike Cardwell
(https://secure.grepular.com/) (http://perlcv.com/)