Re: [exim] MX name with _ : all relevant MX records point t…

Author: Mike Cardwell
To: Exim Users List
Subject: Re: [exim] MX name with _ : all relevant MX records point tonon-existent hosts
Peter Bowyer wrote:

>> PS: I'm a little embarrassed by my list fellows. 7 replies, but no
>> solution, that's not something I would have expected...

> Interesting point. I believe those that have said 'tell the other end
> to fix it' actually have given a more internet-friendly, sustainable
> solution to the holistic problem.. You've given a technical solution
> to the small-scale problem which would seem to get the OP over their
> immediate pressing issue but with no regard to how many times the same
> thing is going to come up again.

1.) "You shouldn't do it"
2.) "Here's how to do it"
3.) "You shouldn't do it because of x, but here's how to do it if you
still want to"

When someone asks a difficult question on here, they tend to get about
half a dozen 1's followed by a 2, then some more 1's. Ideally people
would just respond with 3's.

The poster was already aware that 1, but wanted to know how to 2.

Mike