Re: [exim] exim-users.org site

Autor: W B Hacker
A: exim-users
Assumpte: Re: [exim] exim-users.org site
Ted Cooper [Exim-users] wrote:
> On Thu, 23 Apr 2009 00:24:36 +1000, "Ted Cooper [Exim-users]"
>
> Oh, I forgot to mention - I need to be able tell the difference between a
> spambot on a dynamic looking range vs a "legitimate" exchange server
> sitting next to it. There are lots of them in the travel agency circles.
> Exchange servers get the benefit of the doubt and greylisted while the
> spambots get rejected and told to goto a website if the server got it
> wrong.

If it is on a dynamic IP and/or has no PTR RR it is not a 'legitimate'
server. Full stop.

Anyone running one of those has nothing more complicated to do than
redirect their off-local-net outbound thru their upstream's MTA.

Which won't trouble their local lusers OR their incoming, and will
insure their outbound actually reaches folks as more of us continue to
work to standards.

Letting them blissfully sail along until their ISP redirects or blocks
---> port 25 and/or pulls their contract for ToS violations is not doing
them a favor.

And - FWIW - though 99.999% plus of dynamic-IP senders are zombies, of
the few so-called 'legit', far fewer are:

- Winboxen, done wrong out of ingnorance,

than

- Linboxen, done as rebellion against authority of any kind.

Nature of their respective camps.... fools vs anarchists...

;-)

Bill