Re: [exim] exim-users.org site

Autor: Ted Cooper [Exim-users]
A: exim-users
Assumpte: Re: [exim] exim-users.org site
On Wed, 22 Apr 2009 21:52:46 +0800, W B Hacker <wbh@???> wrote:
> BTW - other than perhaps better 'granularity' - what advantage do you
> expect with DynaStop vs the combination of rDNS check + dul.sorbs?
>
> And which do you expect will consume the least in the way of time &
> resources?
>
> .. or is it too early to ask?

I haven't quite got it into a working system yet so it might be a little
early to ask ;) I've just been testing it to see if it works as expected.

The general thinking behind it though is that it could possibly give more
generalised coverage than dul.sorbs and move the processing to the local
machine. In its simplest form of just checking the already cached rDNS -
ie. Yes dynamic looking, no not dynamic looking - it looks to be rather
fast and doesn't require additional external DNS queries. I turned off or
removed most of the other stuff as I already have a more complicated
greylist-like daemon.

I also don't have any better way of looking at a HELO/rDNS and telling if
it's dynamic other than running it through a scoring system.

--
The Exim Manual
http://www.exim.org/docs.html