Re: [exim] retry configuration

Author: Steve Kemp
To: Catalin Constantin
CC: Exim Mailing List
Subject: Re: [exim] retry configuration
On Tue Apr 21, 2009 at 15:06:37 +0300, Catalin Constantin wrote:

> I still have the impression that nobody read the scenario i posted a
> couple of mails ago.

You've sent so many mails that it is hard to keep track.

But I think we got there in the end, and there are just different
expectations:

> Exim can't handle that kind of situations in NORMAL ways. Either you
> brute force it (retry every 1s in the conf and runner) or leave it.

This is the key - you see it doesn't behave suitably for you
by default, so you claim it is broken.

That is not a view many other people share, instead we think
the defaults are reasonable for most, and if it isn't working
for you then you must make local changes.

Because you *can* make local changes, and you can configure
exim to retry appropriately exim is good.

Steve
--
Stop blog&forum spam
http://blogspam.net/