Re: [exim] Digital Signature

Author: Heiko Schlittermann
To: exim-users
Subject: Re: [exim] Digital Signature
Hi,

b-boy <thys.kitshoff@???> (Do 16 Apr 2009 13:29:09 CEST):

> Hi all
>
> I need to setup a server to automatically apply a digital signature to all
> outgoing mail from a specific user/s, I don't want to encrypt the mail just
> sign it . Please could someone tell me if this is possible and what the
> correct terminology is so I can better search for what I'm looking for?

What is the value of an automatically (cryptographic) created signature?
Is there any proof, that the message was originated from a specific user?

(It's something else if you have an application sending messages, but
even there I'd say it's up to the application to sign the outgoing
messages.)

I'd just take the MTA to block/reject messages (from a specific user)
with a missing (cryptographic) signature. This will bring you to the
same result: all outgoing messages are signed. Thus forcing the user,
to sign the mail.

    Best regards from Dresden/Germany
    Viele Grüße aus Dresden
    Heiko Schlittermann
 Heiko Schlittermann HS12-RIPE -----------------------------------------
 gnupg encrypted messages are welcome - key ID: 48D0359B ---------------
 gnupg fingerprint: 3061 CFBF 2D88 F034 E8D2  7E92 EE4E AC98 48D0 359B -