Re: [exim] Thought exim did this by default..

Author: Eli
To: 'exim users'
Subject: Re: [exim] Thought exim did this by default..
> These are messages destined for '@gmail.com' if I were to manually
> attempt a delivery (-v -d -M 1Lra2g-000KKM-Sd) it will deliver that one
> email only..

If you're doing it via CLI and specify just a single message to be
delivered, it will deliver just that single message. On the upside though,
if there was a delivery problem that caused the rest of the emails for that
domain to be delayed, upon successful delivery of a single message, it will
make exim realize (on next queue runner) that it can deliver to that domain
and it will attempt delivery of pending messages (based on router/transport
settings).

> What is the setting that says 'attempt to deliver all emails destined
> for "domain" over a single connection'..

You can set this on your SMTP transport; check out the
connection_max_messages setting in the docs. It defaults to 500, so it
should indeed be doing it "by default". I just noticed also it says you can
use this setting via CLI with the -oB flag.

Eli.