Re: [exim] Could not complete sender verify on one box but n…

Author: Peter Bowyer
To: exim users
Subject: Re: [exim] Could not complete sender verify on one box but not on the other
2009/3/31 Andy Smith <a.smith@???>:
> Hi,
>
>   I have two Exim SMTP servers that in theory are setup identically,
> but on one server I am recieving errors when using it as a mail relay
> for a webserver. I am getting the error:
>
> temporarily rejected RCPT <a.smith@???>: Could not complete
> sender verify
>
> That is I believe based on the mail address to which the message is
> meant to be delivered, its also a domain actually hosted on the two
> SMTP mail servers in question.

No. It's verifying the sender address (the clue's in the
message.....). Is the sender address a FQDN? Perhaps it's an
unqualified address that one box knows how to resolve but the other
doesn't - missing a hosts entry, perhaps.....

Running a dummy SMTP session with exim -bv <suitable options> will
help you debug what's going on.

Peter

--
Peter Bowyer