Re: [exim] Datestamp in filter log's filename?

Author: Adam Funk
To: exim-users
Subject: Re: [exim] Datestamp in filter log's filename?
On 2009-03-31, Ted Cooper wrote:

> Adam Funk wrote:
>> I've been looking at the Exim filter spec (sec.3.15, "Logging
>> commands") and I'd like to include the year and week number in the log
>> filename: something like this
>>    logfile $home/filter.${some.string.expansion}.log

>> which would then write the log output in "~/filter.2009w14.log" this
>> week, "~/filter.2009w15.log" next week, etc.
>> Is this possible?

Just to be clear, I'm talking about *filter* logs for one user, not
the main Exim logs. This relates to a machine on which I have just a
normal user's shell account.

> see
> Next version of exim will have an option to use %M instead of %D (see
> bug item

Do you mean that %D will work in the logfile directive at the
beginning of a filter?

Also, before I start experimenting, is it possible to lose mail from
setting the logfile directive incorrectly?