Re: [exim] Blocked emails with 554.

Author: Peter Bowyer
To: exim users
Subject: Re: [exim] Blocked emails with 554.
2009/3/25 Lorenzo Ortega Ordoño <lorenzo.ortega@???>:

>        Hello,
>
>        I´m using exim 4.69.
>        Well, when I send a mail to, for example, Mdaemon servers, the server
> response 554 the message does not conform to the standards, but using
> sendmail 8.13.1, the remote server accepts the email.
>
>        I send you twos mails sends with exim and other with sendmail from
> the same machine, what is the difference?
>        How can i resolve it?

The MDaemon docs say this (about the option to turn this rejection feature on):

"...checks [message/parameters] for RFC compliance
Use this option to designate whether or not MDaemon should reject messages that
are not compliant to RFC internet standards—they will be rejected
during the SMTP
process. Use the parameters option if you wish to reject messages with
parameters
that contain control or 8-bit characters. Use the message option if you wish to
reject messages missing a Date, Sender, or From header. Further, these required
headers must have a corresponding value—they cannot exist as empty headers. If
you do not wish to reject non-compliant messages, then clear these check boxes.
Authenticated sessions are always exempt from this option."

So it either thinks that you have 8-bit or control characters in your
'parameters' (don't know what it means by 'parameters'), or you're
missing a Date, Sender or From header. Inspection of your sample
headers doesn't really help, but maybe that's a start.

Peter