Re: [exim] blocked using Trend Micro RBL+

Author: Allocchio Claudio
To: Exim-users
Subject: Re: [exim] blocked using Trend Micro RBL+
On 2009-03-03 08:52, Terry wrote:
> Anyone else having problems with trend ? They wrongly have our ip

listed
> as dynamic and are being very slow to respond.
> Has anyone else had this ?
> Our data centre has also tried to contact them with out much luck

either.

> The DC have offered to give us fresh ip's but after spending a week
> setting every thing up that would be a last resort. I may use a smart
> host in the short term to get around it with the least fuss.
>
> Terry

there are millions of IP addresses which Trend Micro RBL+ blocks
stating they're dynamic
without any real reason.

Trend Micro violates explicitly ALL RFC DNS specifications, and make
nonsense assumptions
about hosts from their DNS names.

We should really consider some global actions against this practice,
including
not using their services.