Re: [exim] Should I block exim port?

Autor: Todd Lyons
A: Ian Eiloart
CC: exim-users, Tolun ARDAHANLI
Assumpte: Re: [exim] Should I block exim port?
On Mon, Mar 16, 2009 at 5:37 AM, Ian Eiloart <iane@???> wrote:
> --On 16 March 2009 13:55:28 +0200 Tolun ARDAHANLI <tolun286@???>
> wrote:
>> I activated my spamassassin for exim. Many spams are blocked with this
>> system however few of spams are not blocked. How can I solve this problem?
>> My server's port for exim(587) is directly open to world wide.
> Port 587 should only be used for encrypted, authenticated email
> submissions. See RFC 4409

Agreed, the way we do this here is in the check rcpt ACL:

  deny    condition      = ${if eq {$interface_port}{587} {yes}{no} }
          !authenticated = *
          message        = Relay not permitted, authentication is
required to use submission port

Sorry, I don't remember who I got that from, probably somewhere here
on the mailing list.
--
Regards...      Todd
All truth passes through three stages. First, it is ridiculed. Second,