Re: [exim] Should I block exim port?

Autor: Eduardo M KALINOWSKI
A: exim-users
Assumpte: Re: [exim] Should I block exim port?
Tolun ARDAHANLI escreveu:
> Hi to everyone;
>
> I liked too musch exim as my MTA...
>
> But I have real problems, about spams... :-/
>
> I activated my spamassassin for exim. Many spams are blocked with this
> system however few of spams are not blocked. How can I solve this problem?
> My server's port for exim(587) is directly open to world wide. Should I
> close it? or how can I secure it for blocking all spam mails. I have one
> more opened port also which is may not releated with this mail list but it
> is closely the same issue. The other port is for imap(143), should I also
> block it or how can I secure it. I thing that my questions are closely the
> same "securing the mail server"...<;-)

If you close the exim port, you'll not receive spam. But you'll not
receive your legitimate mail either. I guess that's not what you want.

There are techiniques to prevent spam, but none of them is 100%
efective. Some spam will get through, no matter what.

--
Eduardo M Kalinowski
eduardo@???