Re: [exim] spamd connection timing out

Author: Renaud Allard
To: Sujit Acharyya-Choudhury
CC: Exim-users
Subject: Re: [exim] spamd connection timing out

On 3/11/09 4:43 PM, Sujit Acharyya-Choudhury wrote:
> Nice to know that others are getting it as well. No we are not getting
> it for all the messages - it just on odd occasions - every 10 - 15 mins.
> We can access DNS servers very quickly - on a 1GB network like the MTA
> machines running SpamAssassin. Does SA caches the site name/address?

Sorry, I did not read the thread from the beginning, so I may be
drifting from the OP. But on your spamassassin servers, do you have
enough threads to handle the number of connections from exim? I mean, by
default spamassassin does not accept that much connections, so you may
be in the situation where you need to either raise the number of
childrens or their own capacity to handle more messages before dying.