Re: [exim] spamd connection timing out

Author: Sujit Acharyya-Choudhury
To: Exim-users
Subject: Re: [exim] spamd connection timing out
Nice to know that others are getting it as well. No we are not getting
it for all the messages - it just on odd occasions - every 10 - 15 mins.
We can access DNS servers very quickly - on a 1GB network like the MTA
machines running SpamAssassin. Does SA caches the site name/address?

Sujit

On 2009-03-04 16:15, Graeme Fowler wrote:
> On Wed, 2009-03-04 at 15:36 +0000, Sujit Acharyya-Choudhury wrote:
> > Just to clarify the exim spamd config is as follows in the data

section:

> Looks sane enough.
>
> However, this is a SpamAssassin problem, not Exim. Exim is reporting

> you that a specific SA connection timed out - which implies that the

SA
> child handling the connection wedged in some way.
>
> Is SA setup to do a lot of DNS lookups or other online tests? Can you

be
> absolutely sure that these aren't causing some scans to go slowly -

eg.

--
The University of Westminster is a charity and a company limited by
guarantee. Registration number: 977818 England. Registered Office: