Re: [exim] Exim Filter - Vacation - Null Sender

Autor: Jeroen van Aart
A: exim-users
Assumpte: Re: [exim] Exim Filter - Vacation - Null Sender
Doug Jolley wrote:
> this is an anti-spam effort. Obviously, this creates a problem for
> incoming vacation messages. I'm just wondering whose problem this is.
> Is this an Exim problem; or, are the receiving SMTP servers
> misbehaving by quarantining these incoming messages?

I think both sides are right. Exim is right to use a a null user, the
receiving end can be right to filter out emails with a null user which
or NOT bounces. Although I'd say that the latter is not according to
smtp standards as much as the former. But one is free to filter whatever
they want.

The main problem is for those who insist on those pesky vacation/out of
office auto replies. It's something which will never be perfect, or even
workable.

What I mean to say is, live with it.

Greetings,
Jeroen