Re: [exim] Backscatter ACL entry

Autor: Todd Lyons
A: Grant Peel
CC: exim-users
Assumpte: Re: [exim] Backscatter ACL entry
On Wed, Feb 25, 2009 at 6:54 AM, Grant Peel <gpeel@???> wrote:
> Hi all,
>
> It seems I am rejecting valid emails due to this ACL entry:
>
>        deny    senders         = :
>                ! hosts         = +whitelist
>                condition       = ${if ! eq{$recipients_count}{1}{1}}
>                message         = Bounces must have only a single recipient
>                log_message     = BACKSCATTER - MULTIPLE RECIPIENT
>
> it appears that there are many others that are using this entry without issue.

In my exim, $recipients_count isn't incremented in the acl_smtp_rcpt
ACL. Presumably this is because the ACL hasn't accepted it yet. So
it follows that you should have it compare to 0 instead of 1, or just
use a mathematical check.

condition       = ${if ! eq{$recipients_count}{0}{1}}    # Untested
or
condition     = ${if > {$recipients_count}{0}}

You can test this from the commandline as well:
exim -bh IP.ADD.RE.SS

Then issue the commands to test your session, and it will show you the
ACLs it's processing and the results.
--
Regards...      Todd
All truth passes through three stages. First, it is ridiculed. Second,