Re: [exim] automagic GnuPG handling

Author: Ted Cooper
To: exim-users
Subject: Re: [exim] automagic GnuPG handling
Daniel Aleksandersen wrote:
> I specifically intended for the server to handle the encryption instead of the client.

In this case look into IPSEC or TLS.

If you want to change the contents of an email, do it in the MUA. If you
want to make sure that no one can sniff the email on the wire, use IPSEC
(encrypt all traffic between 2 points) or TLS (encrypt everything in a
TCP connection).

Of it you really want the server to handle encryption of the email,
deliver the email to a local mailbox and then run a cron job that
encrypts the email and resubmits it via local submit. Screwing with the
message body has to be done outside of exim anyway.