Re: [exim] spamd is timing out on exim and and entry is crea…

Author: \"Remorque\"
To: Sujit Acharyya-Choudhury
CC: exim-users
Subject: Re: [exim] spamd is timing out on exim and and entry is created on Exim
On Thu, Feb 19, 2009 at 5:02 PM, Sujit Acharyya-Choudhury <
S.Choudhury@???> wrote:

> In exim_panic log I am seeing this on a regular basis:
>
> spam acl condition: error reading from spamd socket: Connection timed
> out
>

> Depending on the time of the day, and phase of the moon, it is happening
> every between 8 mins and 15 mins.
>

> In the data section of ACL (the last item is):
>

>    warn        condition = ${if or{\

>                        {eq
> {${substr_0_6:$sender_host_address}}{161.74}}\

>                        {>{$message_size}{30K}}\

>                        }\

>                        {0}{1}}

So, you are sending any message whose size is greater than 30K to spamd for
scanning?
So if I send you an e-mail of 10MB it will be scanned (suppose you have no
message_size_limit, then I can even send you 50MB and you get spamd to scan
it?

I do it differently. I use {<{$message_size}{256k}}

There may be spam messages larger than 256k but rare. And spamd is not the
only way to deal with spam.

Those are my thoughts and you are not bound by them.

--
Best regards,
Odhiambo WASHINGTON,