Re: [exim] Failed to get write lock

Autor: Mr David Robertson
A: John Horne
CC: Exim users
Assumpte: Re: [exim] Failed to get write lock
Thank you for the advice.
I agree with you this looks like a load related issue. Top show this
very clearly. I tried reducing the load by increasing the retry time
and the number of simultaneous deliveries. But this did not help
without reducing it to such a long time or number that I might as well
just run a normal queue runner -q20m which fixes the problem. Or stops
the error messages anyway. I'll see how this config copes with the
queue. It's not exactly the set up I was aiming for but it works.

Again thanks to everyone who offered assistance/advice.

David