Re: [exim] Bounce Address Tag Validation (BATV)

トップ ページ
このメッセージを削除
このメッセージに返信
著者: Dave Lugo
To: exim-users
題目: Re: [exim] Bounce Address Tag Validation (BATV)
On Tue, 10 Feb 2009, Marc Perkel wrote:

> OK - looking at it - but what does it do? I'm confused as to what it's
> objective is.

I thought the exim spec link provided was pretty clear:

Bounce address tag validation (BATV) is a scheme whereby the envelope
senders of outgoing messages have a cryptographic, timestamped tag added
to them. Genuine incoming bounce messages should therefore always be
addressed to recipients that have a valid tag. This scheme is a way of
detecting unwanted bounce messages caused by sender address forgeries
(often called collateral spam), because the recipients of such messages do
not include valid tags.

Dave Lugo   dlugo@???    LC Unit #260   TINLC