Re: [exim] Bounce Address Tag Validation (BATV)

トップ ページ
このメッセージを削除
このメッセージに返信
著者: Matthew Newton
To: Marc Perkel
CC: exim-users
題目: Re: [exim] Bounce Address Tag Validation (BATV)
On Tue, Feb 10, 2009 at 01:35:58PM -0800, Marc Perkel wrote:
> One trick that comes to mind. I can track domains where the local_part
> has an = in it. Then once a see one I can perhaps expect all email from
> that domain to have the = in it and reject spoofers that lack the = ....
>
> Thoughts?

You'll break stuff.

I have a list on our mail servers - if a user is in that list they
get BATV applied, and bounces must be signed. If they're not in
the list, they operate normally without BATV.

Just one example...

--
Matthew Newton, Ph.D. <mcn4@???>

Systems Architect (UNIX and Networks), Network Services,
I.T. Services, University of Leicester, Leicester LE1 7RH, United Kingdom

For IT help contact helpdesk extn. 2253, <ithelp@???>