Re: [exim-dev] Exim daily snapshots

Author: Nigel Metheringham
To: Graeme Fowler
CC: exim-dev
Subject: Re: [exim-dev] Exim daily snapshots

On 9 Feb 2009, at 16:51, Graeme Fowler wrote:
> It strikes me that we are where we are because there's no one person
> driving development forward - either by being the "crazy ideas guy",
> or
> by actually doing the coding. Looking at Bugzilla is depressing :(

Well yes.
Unfortunately it needs some people who can put effort into things like
coding and release management, and at this time I don't see those
people around.

There are a lot of people calling for other people to do things,
or making bike shedding suggestions (ie changing to git - which is
somewhat ineffective if there is no one producing changes to version).

My position is that I do not do mail as any significant part of my
work now, so cannot put any work time towards exim. I also do not
have vast reserves of spare time to push to exim although I have
been trying to at least keep infrastructure etc running. This also
means I am falling further and further out of touch with the current
state of the MTA art....

So maybe its time to push out a current snapshot as a release and
close down....

[and yes, I realise that this is basically a call for other people to
do things, although in my defence I am at least not asking for them to
do things for me as I am effectively no longer an exim customer]

    Nigel.
--
[ Nigel Metheringham             Nigel.Metheringham@??? ]