Re: [exim-dev] Exim daily snapshots

Author: Graeme Fowler
To: exim-dev
Subject: Re: [exim-dev] Exim daily snapshots
On Sun, 2009-02-08 at 00:03 +0100, Renaud Allard wrote:
> There has been no new release since Philip quit.

http://lists.exim.org/lurker/message/20080110.172421.1afe6034.en.html

That was January 2008; Philip retired three months prior to that
release.

Personally I don't think the snapshots are as useful as access to the
VCS (whichever app it runs under), but I do believe we should probably
have a formal timeline for bugfix/feature releases (as in minor release
versions) such that we at the very least look every three or six months
at what's changed, then consider packaging it up.

Although Exim is considered a fairly mature project and codebase,
there's no real reason to let it sit idle. Distro maintainers will end
up considering it stalled, at which time usage will start to drop. I for
one don't want that to happen.

Graeme