Re: [exim-dev] Exim daily snapshots

Author: Renaud Allard
To: Ted Cooper
CC: exim-dev
Subject: Re: [exim-dev] Exim daily snapshots

On 2/7/09 11:48 PM, Ted Cooper wrote:
> Arkadiusz Miskiewicz wrote:
>> On Thursday 05 of February 2009, Nigel Metheringham wrote:
>>
>>>     3. Publicise anonymous CVS
>> Convert to something nicer, too.

>> Public repo is a welcome thing.
>
> I'm finding git to be an awesome system if you're thinking of converting ;)
>
> Re: the snapshots
>
> If they've been out of date for this long and no one has complained,
> it's time to simply get rid of them. Public access to the CVS is
> essentially the same thing anyway.

Well, I "complained" (not really a complain), and that's why Nigel
talked about it.
There has been no new release since Philip quit. Some bugs have been
corrected in the CVS, but it wasn't really publicly available due to the
lack of documentation listing how to get anon CVS. So I tried getting a
snapshot like formerly, and I noticed the discrepancy between Cambridge
and the master site.
Also, people in a company context would have a hard time getting a CVS
snapshot behind proxies, so snapshot are probably still a good idea.

So, well, maybe it is the moment to make exim 4.70 available.