著者: Jethro R Binks
To: exim users
題目: Re: [exim] multi-stage fallback
On Tue, 3 Feb 2009, Ian P. Christian wrote:

> Exim is run with ' -bd -q15m'
>
> I suspect that not enough queue runners are started to be honest, I've
> done a lot of tweaking of the config today (which is years old) - and
> the queue is slowly being reduced.... slowly :)

Regardless of your problem of the queue building up over time, you can of
course just manually run queue runners from the command line to try and
blast through the queue that you have at any particular moment. You may
choose to do so at a quieter time if your server is likely to get loaded,
but sometimes when I want to try and flush things out I would just run
this a few times:

exim -qf &

or maybe -qqf.

It won't get everything, there may be legitimate reasons for stuff being
queued for a long time, but it will help get rid of the stuff that will
likely go when a queue runner gets to it anyway, and may make the problem
more manageable.

As a temporary fix, you might run this from cron maybe a few times
overnight or something.

> How many queue runners would you recommend here?

As many as you need, and your hardware supports :)

Jethro.

--
Jethro R Binks