Re: [exim] Turning off Spam Assassin Check

Author: Clive McDowell
To: exim-users@exim.org
Subject: Re: [exim] Turning off Spam Assassin Check
Frank DeChellis wrote:
> Hi there,
>
> We are using Exim 4.67
>
> I want to disable my spamassassin check but still have my other safeguards
> in (like RBLS and other conditions I added.
>
> I already commented out spamd_address = xxx.xxx.xxx.xxx 783 in my
> configuration. Usually I just comment out acl_smtp_data = acl_smtp_data but
> that shuts down all my checks. It's big free for all.
>
> I think the sectionb below is what deals with spamassasin and referring the
> message to our spam filter. Is there something I can throw in there to say
> "hey, if the spam server is off or busy, just let the message through".
>
> Does anybody have any suggestions? My spam config is below.
>
> Thanks.
> Frank
>
> warn    message = X-Spam-Score-IAW: $spam_score ($spam_bar)
>         spam = nobody:true
> deny    message = This message scored $spam_score spam points
>         spam = nobody:true
>         condition = ${if > {$spam_score_int}{50}{1}{0}}
>         add_header      = X-Spam-Score-IAW: $spam_score ($spam_bar)
>         add_header      = X-Spam-Report: $spam_report
>         log_message     = Spam-score-IAW: $spam_score
> accept  message       = data looks good

How about -

warn    message = X-Spam-Score-IAW: $spam_score ($spam_bar)
        set acl_m9 = 1
        spam = nobody:true
        set acl_m9 = 0

Then test the value of acl_m9 and defer (or accept if you really must) -

defer   message = Unable to scan message - please try later
        condition = $acl_m9

Clive McDowell

Information Services
The Queen's University of Belfast