Re: [exim] Mail claims to be sent by my self

Etusivu
Poista viesti
Vastaa
Lähettäjä: Graeme Fowler
Päiväys:
Vastaanottaja: exim-users
Aihe: Re: [exim] Mail claims to be sent by my self
On Tue, 2008-12-23 at 09:38 +0000, Peter Bowyer wrote:
> ... with the caveat that all outgoing mail must be signed, implying
> that it (probably) all needs to flow out through the same MTA.

Additionally, I've started seeing (because I'm monitoring the account
which catches rubbish at work) autoreply messages being rejected by
PRVS/BATV enabled systems.

Presumably this is because a lot of autoreply generators use a null
envelope sender, so are processed as bounces in order to prevent mail
loops. Since not all null envelopes are bounces (although the majority
are) this is a slight flaw in the design of BATV. Ho hum.

Graeme

PS yes, I understand that there are pseudo-religious views on
autoresponses...