Re: [exim] Mail claims to be sent by my self

Etusivu
Poista viesti
Vastaa
Lähettäjä: Peter Bowyer
Päiväys:
Vastaanottaja: exim users
Aihe: Re: [exim] Mail claims to be sent by my self
2008/12/22 Matthew Newton <mcn4@???>:
> On Mon, Dec 22, 2008 at 07:44:49AM -0800, Dan_Mitton@??? wrote:
>> You might want to look into implementing SPF. It would catch any mail
>> forged from your domain. www.openspf.org
>
> Probably more reliable to configure BATV, which will refuse all
> bounces if they are not arriving at a 'signed' address. Immediate
> fix for the joe-job problem.

... with the caveat that all outgoing mail must be signed, implying
that it (probably) all needs to flow out through the same MTA.
Otherwise you risk rejecting bounces to mail that was sent genuinely
but not BATV-signed (which may or may not be important depending on
the implementation).

Peter
--
Peter Bowyer