Re: [exim] OT: sanesecurity.com off line

トップ ページ
このメッセージを削除
このメッセージに返信
著者: Mike Cardwell
To: exim-users
題目: Re: [exim] OT: sanesecurity.com off line
neil wrote:
> Hi;
>    Apologies for the off topic post or if it is old news, but though it
> may be of interest to people.
> *
> 14-12-08
> "Sanesecurity signatures are no longer being updated or distributed* due
> to extremely high server resource usage, which appears to be from a
> distributed denial of service attack (DDoS)."
> http://sanesecurity.com/clamav/

Oh. :( I wondered why that was happening. Is there nobody here that can
offer any "DoS proof" hosting for him?

> They were unavailable last week, but a 404 page was being returned which
> caused clam to b0rk. I removed the cron in the hope that it was a temp
> issue, but it appears not.
> You may want to check to see if clam is still working if you use these sigs.

Hmm. If that caused clam to break, then the script you're using is not
very well written. I wrote the below script to download clam sigs and
have been using it on several systems for over a year now. It uses
clamscan to verify that the signature file is valid before passing it to
clamav. Also, it does a HEAD before the GET, and doesn't GET the
signature if it's last modified time hasn't updated since the last download:

https://secure.grepular.com/projects/clamav_sanesecurity-v0.1.txt

Mike