Re: [exim] scanning at ACL using external program

Author: Marcin Krol
To: exim users
Subject: Re: [exim] scanning at ACL using external program
ROGERS Richard wrote:
> Have you tried sa-exim? I think it will do everything you want. (Saying
> that, I'm not sure what its status is as
> http://marc.merlins.org/linux/exim/sa.html gives me a 403 error.
> However, I got an RPM from another site that is working fine with Exim
> 4.62)

Oh I am using it successfully on some production sites and it works great.

The single problem with it is that it does not allow using per-user SA
settings, with all the provisos about general inability to use mutiple
SA profiles when sending server issues many RCPT commands.

I am cooking up complicated scheme of using per-user SA profile when
mail has a single recipient and doing server-wide SA scan and replying
with fakereject for spammy mails with many recipients, and this is
partly why scanning at SMTP time with external program would be handy.

I also would like to implement selective greylisting, for mails that are
"suspicious" (like when SA score is above SAtempreject in sa-exim), and
this would be much easier to do with external script than implementing
it all in Exim.

Regards,
Marcin