Re: [exim] Exim Development

Author: Ted Cooper
To: Exim-users
Subject: Re: [exim] Exim Development
Marc Perkel wrote:
> You can quote all the rules you like but if a customer misconfigures
> their server and in spite of their error I can store and then redeliver
> the email that would otherwise have bounced then I am a hero. I don't
> intent to retry on 5xy errors but I want the option of storing the email
> for either inspection and troubleshooting or in the xase that the
> customer fixes their server and wants the email.

The solution I posted does everything you want without changing code or
breaking specs.

Because the bounce occurs on your local servers, you have full control
over what ends up in the bounce message and as such, the original
message can be recreated ready to be re-inserted into the delivery process.

Bounces never make it back to the sender when they should not have, you
get control over anything a mis-configured server does and near instant
notification of errors. And you get to be a hero not only because you
delivered all their messages after they screwed up, but because you
didn't have to break anything to do it.

--
The Exim Manual
http://www.exim.org/docs.html