Re: [exim] Exim Development

Author: Marc Perkel
To: exim-users
Subject: Re: [exim] Exim Development

Ted Cooper wrote:
> Marc Perkel wrote:
>
>> Anything new happening with Exim development? Any new versions with new
>> features in the works?
>>

> There are a number of bug fixes in the CVS as well as a few patches
> needing to be thrown into the CVS, but nothing drastic. (Who has CVS
> commit access to do that anyway?)
>
> Exim currently has every bleeding edge anti-spam technology and is
> working well on a solid code.
>
> Do you have any features or critical bugs in mind that require a new
> release?
>
> The only one I can think of is the updated SPF library. I was going to
> look at it to see what changes were needed inside exim but work kept me
> busy doing other things.

I have one issue in mind. In a router the fallback_host generally works
well except for one thing. I'm in the spam filtering business and
generally I forward as follows:

example.com: mail.example.com

If mail.example.com is down then mail is sent to my retry server. But is
mail.example.com fails to resolve due to DNS problems it stays in the
queue. What I would like it to do is if the DNS fails that it would send
it to the fallback_host.