Re: [exim] Help needed to configure domain

Author: lee
To: exim-users
Subject: Re: [exim] Help needed to configure domain
On Sat, Nov 29, 2008 at 04:51:30PM +0100, Marco van Oostende wrote:

> Basically, what I need is to check for both domains whether the IP
> address where the mail comes from is within the IronPort range of
> 89.146.30.0/29 (255.255.255.224), and reject anything else. But then,
> only for these domains; all other domains should not be affected.

When you take a look at acl_smtp_rcpt and $sender_host_address, it
seems that you could put a check into that ACL to verify the IP
address of the sending host against the range of IP addresses and to
deny the mail from the sending host if it is for one of the domains
that must not receive mail from any other IP addresses than those in
the given range.

Hm, having that said, it could even be something simple like
this (added to acl_smtp_rcpt):

  deny !hosts = 89.146.30.0/29
      domains = abc.com : xyz.com

... but that's no more than a guess, I'd have to read the
documentation carefully to figure it out. --- Of course, instead of
putting the domains directly into the configuration file, you might
want to use a lookup of some sorts to specify them.

It is supposed to mean that if the IP of the sending host is not
within the range 89.146.30.0/29 and if the recipient domain is either
abc.com or xyz.com, then the message must be denied.

--
"Don't let them, daddy. Don't let the stars run down."
http://adin.dyndns.org/adin/TheLastQ.htm