Re: [exim] Force all local senders to authenticate

Etusivu
Poista viesti
Vastaa
Lähettäjä: Odhiambo Washington
Päiväys:
Vastaanottaja: exim-users
Aihe: Re: [exim] Force all local senders to authenticate
On Tue, Nov 4, 2008 at 10:33 PM, Oliver von Bueren <maillist@???> wrote:
> Odhiambo Washington wrote:
>> Thank you so much for the code snippets. I really appreciate.
>> I am going to test them to see how well things go, before I report back.
>> Do I have to configure the MUAs to use port 587 instead of 25?
>>

> Yes, you have to. On most clients you can select the port on the same
> dialog you enter the host name for the outbound server, usually called
> something like "SMTP Server". At the same time you should check the box
> to authenticate to send, if there is one.
>
> Oliver

Hello Oliver,

Thank you very much. Now, just to understand something a little bit
more clearly, I have two last questions:

1. On your acl_check_rcpt_mua, shouldn't the "accept  senders        =
:" come first or  what is the logic of evaluation?
2. Suppose I want to enforce the condition  that $authenticated_id} ==
$sender_address, what is the most appropriate point?

--
Best regards,
Odhiambo WASHINGTON,