Re: [exim] getpwnam()

Etusivu
Poista viesti
Vastaa
Lähettäjä: Eduardo M KALINOWSKI
Päiväys:
Vastaanottaja: exim-users
Aihe: Re: [exim] getpwnam()
PETER EASTHOPE wrote:
> Eduardo,
>
> emk> ... getpwnam() function is returning the
> (mis)information that user 'peasthope' does not exist.
>
> But my Debian system, Joule, does not have
> a 'peasthope' Eduardo. 'peasthope' is
> my userid at the ISP. The message from
> getpwnam() is correct but impertinent.

So your ISP handles your mail, and you want to user their services?

In this case, you'll need exim only to send mail to the ISP's smarthost,
which will do the hard work. You might even consider other simpler
programs that only have this send-to-smarthost capability, because
you'll not be receiving mail locally. (Except for mail generated locally
such as output of cron programs.)

You'll also need fetchmail or a similar program, to retrieve the mail
that your ISP receives and stores in their servers for you. But this is
quite outside the domain of exim.

--
Totally illogical, there was no chance.
        -- Spock, "The Galileo Seven", stardate 2822.3

Eduardo M KALINOWSKI
eduardo@???
http://move.to/hpkb