Re: [exim] Anti Phishing ACL

Αρχική Σελίδα
Συντάκτης: Richard Clayton
Ημερομηνία:
Προς: neil
Υ/ο: exim-users
Αντικείμενο: Re: [exim] Anti Phishing ACL
In message <4909A321.9010503@???>, neil <neil@???>
writes

> I've been trying to stop these bank phishing mails.

most anti-spam systems eat them for breakfast

>Rather than trying
>to get the banks to implement DK, DKIM or SPF so I can check against
>that, I have the snippet below.
>
>I was wondering if this is of any use to anyone else or if it could be
>made better.

this all rather depends whether your users forward bank email from
somewhere else to you; and indeed whether you believe that the banks
will tell you when they change email sending architecture...

>I've checked the list and cant see anything similar.

... I expect people most people let their spam filters deal with
phishing (and of course their generic anti-spam systems -- such as
assessing the reputation of the sender and their HELO).

>cat /usr/exim/banks
>
>#abbey.co.uk
>#abbeynational.co.uk
>#abbey.com
>alliance-leicester.co.uk
>americanexpress.com
>#barclays.com
>barclays.co.uk
>egg.com
>halifax.co.uk
>#hsbc.co.uk
>hsbc.com
>#lloydstsb.co.uk
>lloydstsb.com
>#natwest.com
>#natwest.co.uk
>#nwolb.com
>paypal.com
>rbs.com
>#rbs.co.uk
>#rbsdigital.com
>#rbsdigital.co.uk
>#sainsburysonline.com
>#ybonline.co.uk

what about these (from my list of recent phishing victims, and there are
many more banks and building societies than have been attacked):

    Bank of Scotland (UK)
    Barclaycard (UK)
    Birmingham Midshires (UK)
    Bradford & Bingley (UK)
    Cahoot (UK)
    Cater Allen (UK)
    CitiBank (UK)
    Clydesdale (UK)
    Co-operative Bank (UK)
    Coutts (UK)
    Coventry BS (UK)
    First Direct (UK)
    HM Revenue & Customs (UK)
    Intelligent Finance (UK)
    MBNA Europe (UK)
    Nationwide (UK)
    Norwich & Peterborough BS (UK)
    O2 (UK)
    Scottish Widows (UK)
    Smile (UK)
    Tesco (UK)
    Ulster Bank (UK)
    Woolwich (UK)
    Yorkshire Bank (UK)

- --
richard                                              Richard Clayton

safety deserve neither liberty nor safety.         Benjamin Franklin