Re: [exim] def:acl var with strict_acl_vars=true

Αρχική Σελίδα
Συντάκτης: Ted Cooper
Ημερομηνία:
Προς: exim-users
Αντικείμενο: Re: [exim] def:acl var with strict_acl_vars=true
Brian Blood wrote:
> Logically speaking should exim have a problem with this:
>
> ${if def:acl_m_pref_msg_maxsize}
>

> when acl_m_pref_msg_maxsize has not been defined and
> strict_acl_vars=true???
>

> if I'm bothering to check if the variable is defined aren't I working
> within the spirit of what strict_acl_vars is trying to enforce and
> shouldn't get a error?

When you enable strict_acl_vars, everything must be defined before you
use it. Using def: is only useful without strict_acl_vars because of how
it is used.

see:
http://docs.exim.org/current/spec_html/ch40.html#SECTaclvariables

What happens if a syntactically valid but undefined ACL variable is
referenced depends on the setting of the strict_acl_vars option. If it
is false (the default), an empty string is substituted; if it is true,
an error is generated.

-strict_acl_vars-Use: main-Type: boolean-Default: false-

This option controls what happens if a syntactically valid but undefined ACL
variable is referenced. If it is false (the default), an empty string is
substituted; if it is true, an error is generated. See section 40.17 for
details of ACL variables.

--
The Exim Manual
http://www.exim.org/docs.html