[exim] was Hijacked: noreplys...

Αρχική Σελίδα
Συντάκτης: Ted Cooper
Ημερομηνία:
Προς: Exim-Users
Αντικείμενο: [exim] was Hijacked: noreplys...
comonmon wrote:
> I need help!
>
> When the EXIM queue tries to send an email but the email bounces, is

invalid
> or if the domain we are sending to does not accept our IP then the email
> just sits in the queue for a very long period of time. This causes the
> queue to get large when we're sending a lot of email and slows down the
> server.
>
> From what I can tell it seems I need to enter a line of code in the exim
> configuration editor that tells exim to not retry and rather just delete
> bounced, rejected or invalid emails. If possible can we tell the queue to
> delete emails that are in there for over 2 minutes?
>
> How do I fix this? Is there a simple line of code I can insert into the
> configuration editor?

Please do not reply to an old thread to create a new one. It screws with
viewing in threaded mode and means the subject is completely irrelevant
to the subject matter of the email.

With regard to your question, I would recommend fixing your underlying
issue rather than trying to break the good behavior of the MTA.

Rather than ignoring all the bounce messages and rejections, how about
you clean your spam^H^H^H^Hemail list of all those addresses that don't
want to receive your "content" or that are invalid. Then they wont
clutter up the queue and your spam^H^H^H^Hemail operation will go nice
and fast again.

--
The Exim Manual
http://www.exim.org/docs.html