Re: [exim] dropping connection causes message to freeze

Startseite
Nachricht löschen
Nachricht beantworten
Autor: Graeme Fowler
To: exim-users
Betreff: Re: [exim] dropping connection causes message to freeze
On Tue, 2008-10-21 at 13:45 +0200, Anja Gawlik wrote:
> I could not find a "reject" in the docus, do you mean "deny"?

Aha, yes, sorry - was in the middle of an iptables ruleset at the time
so got my terminology mixed up. "deny", that's right.

> And yes, you are right with your guess ;)

So you need to start looking at the reasons for the bounces, and why
they're being frozen.

"exim -Mvl <message_id>" would be a good start, along with "exim -Mvb
<message_id>".

That will give you the log entries leading to that message being frozen,
and also look at the message body which in the case of a bounce should
contain the reason for the bounce in the first place.

Graeme