Re: [exim] ratelimit is counting wrong

Startseite
Nachricht löschen
Nachricht beantworten
Autor: Dean Brooks
To: exim-users
Betreff: Re: [exim] ratelimit is counting wrong
On Fri, Oct 17, 2008 at 02:36:31PM +0200, Marten Lehmann wrote:

> ratelimit     =
> ${lookup{$authenticated_id}lsearch*@{/etc/conf/ratelimits.txt}} / 1h /
> per_rcpt / $authenticated_id

> Thus, each user should be possible to use the rcpt command the given
> number of times within one hour. Lets assume there is a value of 600. So
> it shouldn't make a difference wether the user is sending 600 emails
> within 30 seconds and not sending anything else within the same hour, or
> sending 10 emails per minute for one hour. Regrettably, sending emails
> to 600 targets within 30 seconds doesn't work. Sending 10 emails per
> minute does work. But users want to send bulk mailings within a short
> amount of time, so I really need 600 emails per minute, but on the other
> hand I don't want users to be able to send 36000 emails per hour.

What you are doing should work the way you want it. Can you give more
information? Include the full entire stanza from your ACL section,
as well as some sample contents of ratelimits.txt.

It would also be useful to add the following to the ACL stanza that
has the ratelimit in it:

  log_message = RATELIMIT EXCEEDED: $authenticated_id / $sender_rate / \
                $sender_rate_period

Be sure to include the output of the log entry that is created.

--
Dean Brooks
dean@???