[exim] ratelimit is counting wrong

Startseite
Nachricht löschen
Nachricht beantworten
Autor: Marten Lehmann
To: exim-users
Betreff: [exim] ratelimit is counting wrong
Hello,

on our mailrelay, we are using this condition:

ratelimit     =
${lookup{$authenticated_id}lsearch*@{/etc/conf/ratelimits.txt}} / 1h /
per_rcpt / $authenticated_id

Thus, each user should be possible to use the rcpt command the given
number of times within one hour. Lets assume there is a value of 600. So
it shouldn't make a difference wether the user is sending 600 emails
within 30 seconds and not sending anything else within the same hour, or
sending 10 emails per minute for one hour. Regrettably, sending emails
to 600 targets within 30 seconds doesn't work. Sending 10 emails per
minute does work. But users want to send bulk mailings within a short
amount of time, so I really need 600 emails per minute, but on the other
hand I don't want users to be able to send 36000 emails per hour.

Why does exim calculate something instead of using my specified values?

Regards
Marten