Re: [exim] Ha: Re: How many times does router run for multip…

Author: vitas1
To: exim users
Subject: Re: [exim] Ha: Re: How many times does router run for multiple recipients?
wbh@??? wrote on 06.10.2008 17:13:47:

> *anything* that satisfies a router condition so as to trigger it
> 'affects' all *subsequent* routers.
>
> - the message 'falls through' the trapdoor of the satisfied router.
>
> Gone.
>
> Handed-off to a transport to be precise.

Well, but my REDIRECT router has no transport options. Where could a
message 'fall through'?

> Nothing left for any subsequent router to 'see'.
>
> Elvis has left the building. Or at least the hallway where the doors to
> routers are. Taken his keys with him, as well.
>

> *anything* that FAILS to satisfy a router condition i.e. does NOT
> 'trigger' it, affects all subsequent routers in a different way.
>
> - the message is still there, continues the march, worst-case being seen

> by ALL routers and satisfying NONE of them. Think handfull of door keys.
>
> NB: Should be obvious that the sequence is quite critical, as first
> satisfied means no further tests.

Exim documentation says:

"3.13 Delivery in detail

EACH recipient address is offered to EACH configured router in turn,
subject to its preconditions, until
one is able to handle it."

In my case EACH recipient address is NOT offered to REDIRECT router -
router is just skipped if condition failure for previous recipient had
occured. So could say "first failed" - but not "first satisfied" - "means
no further tests".

Regards,

Vitas.